Spotify for Artists can be used to promote your music, customise your artist profile and see your personal audience stats. You will also get a blue verification check mark on your artist profile once this is claimed. This is what you need to do:
- In order to claim your Spotify for Artists account, you first need to have a personal Spotify account. If you don’t have one already, you can sign up here.
- You will also need your Spotify Artist URI. This can be found in your Make Waves account a few days after you have created and delivered your first release.
- Head to https://artists.spotify.com/c/access and login with your personal Spotify account.
- Search for your account using your Spotify Artist URI and fill in the required information.
Please note that the process of reviewing your claim is manual and can therefore take a few days.
If you're claiming a brand new artist page that doesn't have any live content yet, you might receive an email from Spotify asking to confirm some release details with them like the name of your release and the UPC / barcode. You can find the UPC / barcode in your Make Waves account, under 'Releases', by clicking on the release.
More information on Spotify for Artists can be found here. You can also check out the video tutorial below to see how it's done!
Your Apple Music artist page can also be used to promote your music, customise your artist profile and see your personal audience statistics. The process of claiming your profile is a bit different with Apple, so please check out the steps below to learn how it’s done.
- You will first need an Apple ID. If you don’t have one already, you can sign up here.
- Head to https://artists.apple.com/ui or download the Apple Music for Artists App and log in using your Apple ID.
- Tap ‘Request Artist Access’, and copy and paste your artist page link to look it up.
- Select one of your albums to ensure you are claiming the correct page. Note that you must have the primary artist role on the album to successfully claim your artist page. If you are a featured artist, you will not be able to claim the account.
- Choose your role, then fill out the requested application fields.
More information on Apple Music for Artists can be found here.
Amazon for Artists lets you pitch your music, dive into your stats, find out more about your audience and gives you insights on how you trend on Alexa. Claiming your artist profile can be done by following these steps:
- Head to https://artists.amazon.com/
- Login to your Amazon account. If you don't have one yet, you need to create one.
- You can claim an artist by searching for the artist name or by looking up your Amazon Artist Link.
- Once you have found the correct artist, you can proceed by clicking on claim.
- You then need to share some more information about who you are and what your role is (an artist / manager / label).
- You also need to verify your role. This can be done by logging in to one of the artist’s social media accounts to verify your claim, or by sharing the website of the artist, label, or management company.
- You can then submit your request and wait until access is granted.
With Deezer for Creators you can update your artist bio, profile picture and get insightful data on how your tracks are performing. This is how you sign up:
- Head to https://creators.deezer.com/
- Select your role: artist, manager, label or provider.
- Fill in your name and email address and create an account.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you to activate your account.
- Create a new password.
- Select "New Request".
- Enter your artist name or ID and then select it from the list.
- Enter the UPC number of one of your releases that has been delivered to Deezer (you can find this in your Make Waves account).
- Enter your social media information. The more details you give, the easier it will be for the Deezer team to validate your request.
Music streaming service TIDAL has recently launched TIDAL Artist Home, a new feature that allows artists to manage how fans see their TIDAL profile, among other functionalities. With TIDAL Artist Home, you can claim your artist profile and customize key details like your profile image, bio, and social links. Invite your team to help you, including the ability to flag any inaccurate content. You can also directly request content updates, including albums, EPs, and singles, to TIDAL’s Content Operations.
Find more information on how to sign up here: https://tidal.com/forartists
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.