First things first, you need to meet the following requirements to be eligible for an Official Artist Channel:
- You need to own and operate a YouTube channel that represents one artist or band. If you do not own one yet, please create a channel for your artist.
Make sure to match the name of your channel to your artist name. You can only link one artist to a YouTube channel.
- You should have a minimum of 3 music videos or 3 official releases on your channel that have been delivered and distributed by a music distributor or label (Make Waves for instance).
Due to the volume of requests that are being sent to YouTube every day, it can take up to several weeks to get your Official Artist Channel approved. Keep in mind that the request can also be rejected by YouTube.
Once approved, you will have access to the following features on YouTube:
- Access to specific tools and analytics for artists in YouTube Studio
- Increased visibility through YouTube search
- The ability to update your YouTube Music profile picture and bio
- Exclusive access to analytics through YouTube Analytics for Artists
- A verified music note next to your channel name, to signify this is an Official Artist Channel
If you have more questions about this, feel free to reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org