- As an artist, you can apply to verify your artist’s profile on Musixmatch. Head to the following page and create an account (don’t worry, there is a free plan).
- You can select the best option for you (‘Music Creator’ or ‘Music Representative’) and provide all the required information to finalise setting up your account.
- Submitting your request will only take a few minutes and it will be processed within the next few days.
- It is recommended to use the email that is associated with your artist when setting up the account.
Once verified, artists can add their lyrics to the Musixmatch database. Please note you can only add this in the platform once your track has gone live. It can take a few days for the release to show up in your Musixmatch account. After adding the lyrics they are then ready to be synced. Read more about how this is done below.
- Head to the Musixmatch for Artists website and login to your account.
- Find your release and click on it.
- Simply add all of your lyrics to the empty box under the ‘lyrics’ tab.
- Check if there are any format suggestions you need to resolve.
Tips and tricks for transcribing lyrics
- Always listen to the entire song while transcribing.
- Transcribe all the repeated parts in a song. Don’t use multipliers (e.g. avoid x2).
- Transcribe the lyrical audio content only.
- After transcribing your lyrics you can click on the 'Sync' tab. Please note a Spotify Premium Account is required to sync lyrics and you need to use Chrome as a browser.
- Click to select the correct timing for each line of lyrics while listening to the track. The track should automatically play via the Spotify application.
- Make any time adjustments with the plus or minus signs to the left of the phrases.
- Verify the accuracy by playing each line and readjust the timing if needed.
Once the lyrics are synced, you can send your contributions to the stores that Musixmatch is connected to. It can take a few days for the lyrics to appear. Should it take longer, you can login to your account and see whether the sync is still pending or perhaps needs to be resend. It is also possible to 'Get help' from the Musixmatch team when you are logged in.
More information on the Musixmatch platform and adding or syncing lyrics can be found here.